How to Create a Facebook Fundraiser
To create a fundraiser follow these steps:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Select Nonprofit.
- Search for and select Big Brothers Big Sisters Greater Cincinnati.
- Set the amount of money that you want to raise and set a fundraiser end date. The #StepUpBig campaign will run through Monday September 7, 2020. You can set a date that matches our campaign or set your own date.
- Fill in the fundraiser details. Facebook will prepopulate some information for you. You can write your own, use what Facebook has provided or let us help with the title and description.
Sample StepUpBig Content
Title: StepUpBig with [Insert your First Name] to help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Cincinnati
Description: Despite COVID19, Big Brothers Big Sisters Greater Cincinnati continues to serve children in the tristate area (13 counties). We have many children on the wait list for a Community Based mentor and now more than ever they need a friend to talk to and provide support. COVID19 has also put us well behind our annual fundraising goals to help support these matches. BBBS Greater Cincinnati encourages you to #STEPUPBIG and help defend the potential of hundreds of Littles needing our support.
- Click Next and pick a cover photo. You may use the one provided or add your own photo by clicking the edit icon.
- To finish, click Create.
- Invite friends and family to join you in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters Greater Cincinnati.